The Nebraska Democratic Party remains steadfast in our support of the approximately 50,000 UAW workers on strike against General Motors.
UAW Members are standing up for:
- Fair Wages
- Affordable Quality Health Care
- Their Fair Share of Profits
- Job Security
- A Defined Path to Permanent Seniority for Temps
To make matters worse, GM suspended workers’ health insurance soon after the strike began.
● GM Profits for 2016, 2017 and 2018 are record setting: approximately $35 billion in
North America alone over those 3 years.
● Amid record profits, GM has announced several U.S. plant closures
● GM is the most profitable of the Big 3 in North America since the 2015 contract negotiations
● GM CEO Mary Barra earns roughly $21 million in annual salary. To put that in real terms, for every $1 the average General Motors employee made, CEO Mary Barra made
● In 2017, she was the world’s top paid auto CEO