The Nebraska Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign is building a team of strong, experienced team members to help elect candidates in CD2. Nebraska’s 2nd Congressional District (CD2) is located in the Omaha metro area and includes some parts of suburban Sarpy County and all of Saunders County.
POSITION TITLE: Coordinated Campaign Canvasser
REPORTS TO: Coordinated Campaign Field Organizer
LOCATION: Omaha, Nebraska
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Coordinated Campaign Canvassers communicate directly with voters going door-to-door to engage in conversations to help our Democratic candidates, including Tony Vargas, win in CD2.
To apply for this job, you must support political campaigns, the Nebraska Democratic Party and be willing to fulfill the job of going door-to-door talking with voters.
You do not need previous canvassing experience. The NDP’s Coordinated Campaign trains all canvassers and provides materials. You must be at least 18 years old.
The position is responsible, at a minimum, for the following:
- Available to work Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm and Saturday/Sunday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Canvassers are not required to work all of those hours each day. The Coordinated Campaign works with the canvassers to create a schedule.
- A canvasser can work with our team on the hours that fit the range of hours we canvass and your availability of hours.
Candidates must have the following skills:
- Knowledge of VAN–the voter file–or willingness to learn!
- Willingness to go door-to-door talking to voters, including in weather that may be cold. We never send canvassers out in bad or unsafe weather.
- Access to transportation in order to get to the Coordinated Campaign office (on 90th and Dodge) and then to cover the canvassing area for the day.
- Ability to follow procedures, track information, and have a professional attitude, demeanor, and appearance. The dress code is professional but still comfortable. For example, most canvassers wear collared shirts (e.g. polo) or a candidate/party t-shirt, no torn jeans, and comfortable walking shoes.
SALARY + SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Please send an email with your resume (if you have one). In the email, please include at least 1 reference with your full contact information (name, address, email, phone) to the Nebraska Democratic Party at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coordinated Campaign Canvassers are paid twice a month.
The position pays $25 per hour. Training for the position is paid at the hourly rate.
We do not offer 1099 independent contracting work. You will be required to pass a basic background check and complete the W-4 paperwork.
Interviews will be conducted with NDP Coordinated Campaign and candidate staff. We are an equal opportunity employer.