As we close out 2018, it’s a good time to look back on all we accomplished together as a Democratic family.
NDP’s Top 10 list of 2018 Democratic wins:
10. Over 325,000 Voter Guides were delivered at the door and by mail to every single Democratic voter in all 93 counties
9. Nebraskans, over 90,000, will now have access to Medicaid because of you.
8. Deborah Neary and Maureen Nickels were elected to the State Board of Education, bringing the total of Democrats on the board to four out of eight.
7. Elected seven Mayors across the state, from Chadron to Minden.
6. Reformed our party infrastructure and rules moving to a Presidential Primary, allowing Independents to vote in our Primary elections, going from 41 to 73 County Chairs, creating the Block Captain program and running a Coordinated Campaign.
5. Modernized our Get Out The Vote tools with over 1 million text contacts, 77,850 live phone calls using our Virtual Phone Bank and 19,090 robocalls reminding voters to return their Vote By Mail applications.
4. Senators Pansing Brooks, Hansen, Morfeld all were re-elected to their second term in the Nebraska Legislature.
3. Steve Lathrop, Machaela Cavanaugh and Wendy DeBoer are headed to the Capitol with flipping these three Legislative seats red to blue.
2. Barbara Weitz and Elizabeth O’Connor now hold seats on University of Nebraska Board of Regents. They are the only women on this board. Megan Hunt will serve as the first LGBTQ+ State Senator. Democrats are breaking barriers and opening doors.
1. A record breaking 850 Democrats ran statewide in the 2018 General Election, with 73 percent of them winning.
We’re excited and hope you are too for what 2019 will bring.Grassroots donations will help us elect a strong slate of Democrats in the Lincoln city elections this spring.