The Nebraska Democratic Party wanted to share some messaging guidance for Biden’s COVID relief package– American Rescue Plan (ARP)–which he signed into law March 11, 2021.
Just 50 days since taking office, President Biden and Democrats (not a single Republican joined the bill) secured a major and consequential victory–successfully passing the American Rescue Plan, a bold and historic legislative package that will provide much-needed relief to millions of working people across the country.
Direct impact for Nebraska:
• $1.2 billion fiscal relief in Nebraska
• $685 million fiscal relief in local cities and towns across Nebraska
• More than $564 million in relief for K-12 schools across Nebraska
• Economic impact payments of up to $1,400 per person for more than 1,205,400 adults and 520,100 children–this is 90% of all adults in the state and 89% of all children in Nebraska
• Relief of up to $1,600 per child through the Child Tax Credit to the families of 434,00 children, lifting 18,000 children out of poverty
• Relief of up to nearly $1,000 through the Earned Income Tax Credit to 104,000 childless workers, including many in frontline jobs
• Marketplace health insurance premiums that are $2,438 lower per month for a 60-year old couple earning $75,000 per year
A handout on the ARP specific to Nebraska that you can print for your networks and share on social media.
The Democratic National Committee compiled this guide to help you talk to your community about the ARP with resources such as message guidance, social media content, graphics and more.