The NDP Coordinated Campaign is hiring Organizers to work in the Second Congressional District area (Douglas, Saunders, part of Sarpy).
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, include at least two references.
Start date is as soon as possible. Position lasts through the week after the November election.
Job Title: Organizer
Reports To: District Organizing Director
The NDP Coordinated Campaign is seeking Organizers to work with the party’s efforts to win in the Second Congressional District race for the 2022 cycle.
Organizers will be responsible for recruiting, training, and managing volunteers to expand the volunteer network for the campaign.Organizers will manage and execute voter contact tactics such as phone banks, canvasses, voter registration drives, text banks, and visibility events. In addition, Organizers will recruit and coordinate volunteers around voter protection efforts. Organizers should be high energy, outgoing, and enthusiastic.
The salary for this position is $42,000 annually. Fully paid health/vision/dental insurance. NDP Staff are organized with the IBEW Local 265.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Positions will be based directly in the congressional district ;
- Commitment to the election of Democrats up and down the ballot;
- Adaptable to changing needs and program priorities
- Previous political campaign experience a plus;
- Ability to demonstrate multicultural competence —the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways;
- Have a personal and professional commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, management, and interpersonal skills;
- A positive, team-oriented attitude;
- Current driver’s license.
Additional Qualifications and Requirements:
- Opportunity to contribute at a growing, dynamic national political committee working to sustain the Democratic congressional majority to advocate on issues America care about most;
- Learn, develop and hone professional skills related to running and operating multi-dimensional political campaigns and the operating systems that support the campaigns;
- Experience working with the largest Democratic battlefield, containing numerous highly competitive campaigns in diverse districts across the nation;
- Opportunities to expand your network and engage with policy makers, political candidates, Democratic Party leaders and a diverse team of professionals and colleagues;
- Equity and inclusion are actively integrated into decisions made at Senior Team and Department levels with regard to hiring, contracting, and political strategy;
- Professional Development programming dedicated to personal and professional growth beyond the 2022 election cycle.