Thank you to everyone who attended the Midwest Rural Conference!
If you missed it, or want to watch it again you can find it here.
Paul Theobald spoke on the consolidation of rural schools, and shared the following resources:
- Here is his slide show.
- Schools and Districts: What the Research Says and What it Means
- For more than a century, policymakers have mishandled rural schools
Cynthia Nunley spoke about the Health Insurance Marketplace and walked us through how you can sign up for health insurance and how it is much more affordable now under the Biden Administration thanks to the American Rescue Plan.
- Use the website.
- The first page that shows you a dollar amount is the SUBSIDY that you qualify for and not how much you would pay each month.
- Open enrollment starts again on Nov. 1 and runs through Jan. 15.
John Hansen Spoke about the America the Beautiful (30×30) Plan and dissected the misinformation and propaganda machine of the Ricketts administration.
- Here is a pdf of his slideshow.
- Here is Official America the Beautiful Document.
- Here is the NDP page with more resources.
If you enjoyed this presentation and would like to support the work that the Rural and Agricultural Council does, you can donate here.